Monday, January 21, 2008

Bambara


For a holiday treat in December we ate at Bambara, located in the Hotel Monaco in downtown SLC. This was our third visit to Bambara - and every time has been really very good. I started with a carpaccio beef (raw beef sliced paper thin) salad. It was my first time having carpaccio and I thought it was a delicate and flavorful way to start a meal with seafood for the main course.

For my entree I went with one of the specials that evening - a seared scallop creation with a buerr blanc sauce. These were great - although I think scallops can only get so good no matter what you do to them. Though filling and very tasty, they didn't seem quite as satisfying as my wife's selection of a pan-seared filet mingon with AMAZING blue cheese potatoes. The sauce that came with her steak was especially delicious. (It seems like its almost always about the sauce for me.)

For dessert I had the creme brulee which has been delicious everywhere I have ever ordered it including Bambara.

Overall we had a great experience. Bambara is in my top three restaurants in Utah right now.

No comments: